Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday 7 March 2017

Rainbow butterflies card

I realised when looking back at the recent blogs and all my videos, that I hadn't done a butterfly card in a video, even though butterflies always feature a lot in my cards. So I thought I had better do one.  

This one is a clean and simple card, with some blended colours behind the die cut butterflies.  You can use any dies that you might have in your stash, a random selection or just a couple alternated down the front will work.  

 

I arranged the dies I had down the right hand side of the card, spacing them out ascetically, and then cut them out, making sure I saved the die cuts as well as the card front with the negative part.


Next I picked some colours from my Distress inks to make a rainbow down the front of my card base, so they will peek out under the butterflies.  


I stamped the sentiment on the front panel next to the butterflies, and then mounted the front panel on to the blended card base with some tape runner and then put the die cuts back into place in the negative space, but only gluing the centre of each butterfly, so that I could raise the wings slightly.  A few pretty pink posh clear sparkling sequins to add some sparkle and that is the card finished.  

Here is the video showing how I made the card.


The supplies I used for this card are:
Card base 5 x 7 inches and a panel the same size
4 different butterfly dies
Distress inks - Raspberry ripple, Candied apple, mustard seed, twisted citron, carved pumpkin, salty ocean & wilted violet
Ranger Mini blending tool and sponges
Uhu tape runner
Quilled precision applicator bottle
Cosmic shimmer glue
Sentiment stamp
Kaisercraft save the date stamp
Spellbinder tool-n-one

versamark watermark ink
Ranger gold embossing powder
Heat gun
Pretty pink posh sparkling clear sequins
EK success tweezers
Ebosser
Misti

Thank you for stopping by my blog, I hope you give this card a go



0 comments:

Post a Comment