Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 7 September 2016

Handmade Daisies Card


Sometimes when I make cards, I have an idea in my head, I make the card and mmmm it is Ok but nothing startling, and sometimes you make the card, and its wow that turned out better than I thought!  Well this card is a bit like that, I think it turned out better than I saw it in my head, I think it is the blue and yellow together!

I started by making daisies in a range of colours, which if you make them with 120 - 160gsm card they turn out to be really quite strong for your cards.


I decided to make a variety of cards with different colour combinations, so I started off with sponging some stitched rectangles with Distress inks in a variety of colours that complimented the daisies I had made. 


I set to and made one on video and then some other colour combinations.




Here is the video on how I made them.


The Supplies I have used to make these cards are:
Couture creations Intricutz die called 'Falling blossoms' 
(but you could use any daisy dies if they have a variety of sizes)
Elizabeth crafts Designs 730 Curvy leaves dies
Cheery Lynn Sweet Christine die strip
Simon Says Stamps stitched rectangle dies
Paper Xtra sentiment stamp set
Altenew Crisp Inks: Arctic, Carribean Sea, Persian Blue, Soft Lilac, Lavendar Fields, Deep Iris.
Distress Inks: Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon, Blueprint Scetch, Wilted Violet, Squeezed lemonade & picked raspberry.
Ranger blending tool and sponges
Tsukineko Sponge dauber
Scraps of white 160gsm card
Scraps of pink, blue, mauve & yellow card
Flat back pearls in gold, pink, blue and mauve
Crystal Dazzlers in 13mm & 9mm
Fun Foam
Cosmic Shimmer dries clear glue
Quilled precision applicator bottle
Versafine Onyx black ink
Ranger clear embossing powder
Versamark Watermark ink
Ranger Silver embossing powder

I hope you enjoyed the video and maybe got inspired to make some of these daisies and smaller flowers.  As I said they are surprisingly strong once made, and are so pretty on a card.

Happy Card making! 

2 comments:

Lin said...

This flower girl is swooning! Absolutely gorgeous design, Helen! I've pinned them!

newbie85 said...

Stunning card, Helen!!!! LOVE the flowers you made! And all the different colors for the different cards were turned out just gorgeous!!!! Is there a way to subscribe to your blog by e-mail?? I would love to keep up with you and see the beautiful things you are doing and making!!!

Post a Comment