Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday 9 August 2016

Floral Layered Stamps Card

Today's card is using two of my favourite stamp sets (along with Vintage Roses and Persian motifs). They are layered stamps by Altenew and I love the results you get with them.


I started off by stamping the large flower and one of the leaves from the Peony Bouquet stamp set, and then two different roses and two leaves from the Vintage Flowers set.  In various colour combinations onto white card.

I cut them out leaving a small white border, and put them aside

To make the actual card, I cut out one of the scalloped oval frames (largest) out of pale pink card and then cut it out of a white card panel and then cut that down to fit onto my card base, but made it about 5mm smaller all around.  I backed this with craft foam, and cut out the oval centre, slightly bigger than the white aperture, so that it would support the pink frame I fitted back into the opening. 

I then took my card base and drew a circle of where the frame will sit with pencil as I intend to stamp some more flowers and leaves into this area and then my sentiment. 

I stamped two of the small yellow flowers and masked them off, then stamped a combination of two leaves around the flowers, so that they will look like they are poking out from behind the top bouquet of flowers. 




The sentiment was done by stamping each letter from the calligraphy alpha set, making sure I overlapped the tail of the previous letter with the down stroke of the next letter so they appeared linked like calligraphy. Then I rubbed out the pencil marks making sure I heat set the sentiment so it wouldn't smudge, and then glued the top panel on to the card base.  




Finally I played around with the cut out flower and leaves until I got an arrangement I was happy with, and then took the top flowers off, glued the leaves into position with tape runner, and then used scotch tape to raise the flowers slightly to give dimension. A few Pretty Pink Posh clear droplets dotted around and that's the card finished. 





Supplies I used for the card:
Altenew Peony Bouquet Stamp set
Altenew Vintage Flowers stamp set
Altenew Calligraphy Alpha set
Die-namics Stitched Oval scalloped frames dies (largest)
Altenew Crisp dye inks, Frosty pink, cotton candy, coral berry, ruby red, grapevine, buttercream, warm sunshine, caramel toffee, frayed leaf, forest glades, evergreen
Versa color Hyacinth, Violet
Un-named pigment ink pad Mauve
Adirondack dye ink pad Denim
Archival dye ink Sepia
Versafine Onyx black ink
Craft foam
Card base 5" x 7"
Card front panel
small piece of light pink card
Craft foam
Tape runner
double sided tape
Scotch 3M tape
scissors
Ebosser
American Crafts Paper trimmer
Pretty pink posh droplets 4mm & 6mm

I hope I have given you some inspiration to use the layered stamps in a different way or try an new layout for you next card

Thanks for stopping by and happy card making








5 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is stunning Helen! Pleased to be your latest follower! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Carol Rossouw said...

This card is so beautiful! And I love the way the two stamp sets work so well together.

Unknown said...

Love it. where did u get alphabet stamps?

Handcraftedbyhelen said...

Hi
They are Altenew's alpha set, so you can get them direct from them, or from somewhere like Simon Says stamps.

Nana Griffin said...

Loved your video! I enjoyed listening to your voice in the video as it is so soft but clear and I think you made an excellent choice to play the music softly when you aren't talking. It matches your voice tone just perfect. A beautiful card with great directions.

Post a Comment