Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday 10 July 2014

Book Easel card


I wanted to show you the cards I finished last night. it was for a lady at work, who has belonged to a book group for about 11 years, and one of their ladies is moving away, so she wanted a 'book type' card to give her with a present. She came up with the words for it,  I modified the idea of the 'bookatrix' type ones, as I don't have one of those, but looked up quite a few shape options on google images, and then drew one freehand, then made it into a easel card. I then used flowers from my stash, which is with all sorts of punches and dies and silhouette cameo cutting files, so I will just tell you about the ones that I remember how I had made and the other components of the card, They are as follows:

The dies that I have used for the sentiments is the MFT(Die-namics) Oval Decorative Duo dies. The silver mirror board to represent the pages of the book, I have scored slightly with my score board for the straight ones down the sides and freehand for the ones at the bottom and top.  You can't quite see it in the photograph.



The little blue roses in the top right corner and the top of the bottom left hand grouping of this photo are made with the spellbinder rose creation dies (the smallest and second to smallest size)

The leaves are punched with a punch I have had for years and years called the 'Ash family leaves' it has 3 different sizes in one big punch. 
The butterfly was cut out on the silhouette cameo.



The big daisy on the bottom spray (and also on the bottom of the photo above, was made with the silhouette cameo, cutting out quite a few layers of a simple daisy cutting file, and then curling each petal slightly and gluing them on top of each other, I think there was about six or seven on each daisy. The centre is a big roll of quilled yellow paper, it is a long strip that has been cut all the way along it, very finely, and then rolled up and then fluffed out.



There are some pink roses and rose buds, done with a six petal flower punch, and the two white flowers with the yellow centres, were done with the retro flower punch and a sun punch for the centre.  The four white bell flowers (two at each end, and the blue ones tucked in by the centre daisy were made with a a lilium punch.


Underneath the flowers on the bottom part is one of the Spellbinder tag 2 dies that was cut in half and the put at each end of the centre die from the spellbinder radiant rectangles die which looks like this. 

Two more tiny butterflies from the Cameo and then finally the back panel I put in, so the ladies could put their names on it, was just punched with one of the fiskars border punches that embosses and cuts, not sure what it is called.




The box I made by hand by measuring the length and width of the card, and then adding 2.5cm (1 inch) to each side and then made the lid 2mm wider at the base.  I cut the window into the lid with the outside die of the spellbinder radiant rectangles die.  
It has taken me most of the week and a bit of last weekend to make it, but she loved it, so that's what counts.  

2 comments:

Trish said...

Awesome work!

Maryann Laursen said...

Absolut stunning card and box here Helen. Don´t know, why I haven´t seen this, when you uploaded it, but sure glad to do so now. It´s amazing and a wonderful job as everything you ever do.

Post a Comment