Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Two blue Christmas cards

I get a bit tired of Green and red Christmas cards, so I have made two blue and white ones.  



The first one I have used the Leane Creatief Popco Winter stamp, this time using the whole stamp, inking behind each part with blue ink and colouring it with Tombow pens.  

I have used two different snowflake designer papers. mounted on light and royal blue card.  The snowflake border die is the Joy Crafts 3002/2021 and the hanging snowflake is a Memory Box Precious Snowflake die 98729 which I have done in glitter card. The embellishment is a couple of acrylic stars with glitter inside.  



This other one I decided to make a centre step card, as I thought it showed off the snowflake border die well.  I have used a snowflake designer paper behind them and they are just done with white card.  The centre part is the Marianne Creatables Petra's bridge die LR0276 which I inked with a royal blue ink.  The picture is a vintage Christmas scene.  

Both a little different for Christmas cards, I don't usually do snowy scenes and snowflakes for Christmas cards here, as we have Christmas in our summer, so we don't know what it is like to have a snowy Christmas like the northern hemisphere.  But oh well we can dream can't we!

2 comments:

Maryann Laursen said...

WOUW they´re both so gorgeous Helen, I absolutely love these blue cards here, and that little owl is just too darned cute. You´re so talented and makes the most gorgeous projects always. Stunning creations here too.

Christine Dol said...

Oh my, both of yours cards are so pretty. I am one not to use the traditional colours and love the soft blues you used...the snowflake border is placed just perfectly I think on your second card...beautiful cards!

Post a Comment