Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Sunday 14 October 2012

Cards using some recycled materials

A group I belong to have a monthly Theme and Technique which we can make a card for if we wish.  This months was Theme: using recycled materials, and the Technique was to revisit punches and dies you have and look at a different way to make a flower with it.  

This card I have used some paper that was around a flower bouquet that I was given some time ago, which has this lovely dreamy floral pattern on one side and a plain mauve on the back.  I have used it for the background and framed it with the other side colour.  The birdcage is the Gilded Birdcage by Crafty Individuals, which I have use some card that I recycled from an Easter egg box last Easter, which was a lovely rich purple colour.  I then used the Marianne creatables flower set LR0145.  I used the largest size, and cut 4 out for each flower.  I have then cut a slit between every petal towards the centre but not quite to the hole in the centre.  Then I moulded them to make the into a cup shape, and layered them onto a mauve brad, alternating the petals.  I put a bit of stickles.  The sentiment is the centre of the Couture creations Fleur de Frame nesting die set.  The bird is from the Marianne Creatables Bird on a Branch die.  The leaves are from the Cheery Lynn build a Flower #2 die set.  


This one, the green and white patterned card is cut from a tissue box, which I have mounted on the Cuttlebug Wicker Weave embossing folder.  The feathers were saved from a card my daughter was given last birthday. The flower is supposed to be a begonia from the Cheery Lynn Build a flower #2 set.  The sentiment is cut with a Spellbinders ribbon tag trio, and some white ribbon.  Quite a simple card this one.  

1 comments:

Maryann Laursen said...

WOUW Helen, all your cards here are absolutely gorgeous again hun. I´ve just been looking through all your work here, and all is soooooooo gorgeous. You sure are a natural talent, I just soo enjoy to see all your work. I haven´t commented on all of them, but just wanted to let you know, how much I´ve enjoyed to look at all of it. You are such a great inspiration and your work is awesome.
Keep up the wonderful work hun.

Post a Comment