Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Early Mother's day cards

I was asked by a colleague from work to show her some Mother's day cards, so that she could be ready to send one away early, but I didn't have very much to show her.  I set to and made a few different ones, so that she could have a choice.  These are the ones I put together for her to choose from.


Firstly a simple one done with the cuttlebug stylised flower embossing folder, coloured in with chalks and edged with the Martha Stewart Doily lace border punch.  The word Mum is done with the Cuttlebug alphabet set.  Then just a bit of bling on the border.  The scoring was done with the Martha Stewart score board.  This is one of the cards she ended up picking. 





The second one I decided I would try using one of the Cuttlebug vintage corner dies and put eight of them around the border.  The mauve frame is a Marianne frame that I bought from fatcatscardcorner.  The message was printed on the computer, the stamp was a Kiwi Impressionz one from some time ago.  I coloured them with Aqua coloured pencils.


 The next one is a Penny Black stamp again coloured with water coloured pencils.  The message is done on the computer.  Two different designer papers to make up the background.  Finally the Doily is a Marianne Design Creatables Designer Doily #8245, and finally a little bling with some pink crystals.




Lastly one I saw on the internet some time ago, sorry I don't remember where, but I love butterfly cards, so had saved the idea.  I cut out 6 squares 1" square, and then framed them with a similar colour.  Then punched out 6 butterflies and put them on at random places on the 6 squares.  The scoring is done with my Martha Stewart Scoreboard.  It is wonderful for doing lots of very even lines.  I was quite please with the result. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment